Monday, November 24, 2014

Snow

Snow, what a beautiful sight.  Unless you're driving in it.  So, last week Buffalo. NY got 72" of snow in two days.  That's just insane!  Well, today we're supposed to get 2-5 inches.  I usually start work at 11am.  It was raining this morning while I was getting ready for work.  I came downstairs to find the rain turning to sleet.  The sleet turned to snow. 

The snow is heavy and coming down like crazy.  It's not supposed to stop until later in the afternoon.  

Well, I suffer from panic attacks and I could tell one was in the process of being full blown.  So, I called in work, I just can't drive in this. I know they weren't thrilled but it'll pass.  


What does my panic attack look like?

Heart racing, shaking, fight or flight feeling, crying uncontrollably, and feeling like my skin has millions of bugs on it.  I get a tightness in my chest but it's not pain.

It's a feeling of being out of control and terrified all at once.  This is actually a very poor description of my panic attacks.  I get jittery and my fingers don't stop moving.  They twitch and rub together.  I know it sounds weird, but I've learned my pre-symptoms and what to expect if it doesn't get stopped.  Sometimes I can't stop it.

Emotionally, I'm a mess.  Very edgy and feel like jumping at anything. I don't really know how to describe it.

Do you have panic attacks?  Ever have a feeling that something terrible is going to happen?  If you do, what helps you?  What are your symptoms?  What does it do to you emotionally?  

No comments:

Post a Comment