Monday, November 10, 2014

Dealing

I'm not even sure how to begin today.  My mood is better than it was the last time I stopped in here.  I spent my weekend being slightly productive.  You know, the fun stuff, grocery shopping, errands with The Minion, taping the trim upstairs so I can start that paint job this week. 

Yesterday at church they announced that one of the young ladies in a local branch was in a car accident Sunday morning (1:30am).  She was on the expressway when a drunk driver was driving in the wrong direction and hit her head on. Erin was trapped in her car and had to be cut out.  The driver of the other car was taken to the hospital as well but only had minor injuries and walked out of the hospital.  Erin was transported to the hospital, spent 4 hrs in surgery Sunday morning and still has at least one more to go.  She has 3 fractured ribs, crushed vertebrae, and major internal injuries. 

I don't even know what to say about this.  

It just saddens my heart to know that this young girl will have so much ahead of her.  She is lucky though.  She has a great support system and she is such a faithful Christian it's unbelievable.  

I will just continue to pray for her, her family and the driver. This is what has been on my mind for the last two days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment