Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simple Thoughts

Well, it's Saturday.  I've had a busy day as per the norm for me.  I started my to-do list for the weekend earlier this week.  I got a few things done today and have tomorrow to get more done.  I prefer to clean and do things around the house when no one else is here most of the time.  I guess you can call it my time of Solis. 

I like to have time alone, just to think, time to relax, time to just do nothing.  Down time is always a necessity for everyone.  I believe that everyone needs time to regroup and clear your head.  

On my good days I'll listen to loud music or watch shows, ok, I do that on my bad days too. Today is a good day for me.  Got things done, slept well last night (actually slept in too), and chilling now.  

Today my demons are not lingering ... they're busy doing something else.  Today my focus was on getting things done.  Tomorrow my Christmas tree and decorations come down.  It took a week to get them all up, I'm sure it will take me a day or more to get them down.  Yes, I know it's Jan 18th!  Usually my decorations go down the first weekend after Christmas.  

My family usually celebrates Christmas with my sister and Mom at our house (Thanksgiving is at my sisters).  We had planned to celebrate last weekend, however, that was changed due to a death in the family.  We attended a funeral then celebrated our Christmas at a nice Italian restaurant.  It was a first for our whole family.  Even though we had a difficult morning, the afternoon with The Ten of Us was nice.  

I am very thankful for my family.  My mom and my sister are awesome!  We have an amazing relationship.  I think everyone should have a relationship with their family.  We get along, we love each other, we talk, we agree to disagree respectfully. I think that's important.  I feel that family is one of the most important things that we will ever have. Both my sister and I have amazing relationships with our kids.  Luckily, our kids have realized this as well. Even our kids get along amazingly.  

I know, this is nothing deep today.  Nothing amazing.  Just my thoughts. Take them for what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment